Sunday, April 11, 2010

Table Tauk

While I was not able to finish my larger project: painting the bedroom furniture, I did manage to give this little side table a quick and easy update.




I needed a sidetable for the second bedroom, which was previously a kids room. I liked the idea of keeping this second bedroom more playful and fun-- I wanted it to continue to be a place where younger guests would love to stay. So, I brought in some blues and whites via those shark print sheets I was telling you about, and some lobster sheets, to keep the overall vibe sort of funky.





As you can see in the picture on the left, with the help of a little white paint, there is now a cute side table that matches the blues, whites and yellows that accent this bedroom. I found a pillow to keep with the ocean critter theme, and a metal bucket that I absolutely love (It was only $5). Originally, I had no idea what to do with this bucket, but I have decided to transform it into a table lamp for the room. With an old lamp kit (or older lamp), a new shade, and maybe some stones from the beach, I hope that the "lobster lamp" will be a cool addition to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment