Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fort Pond Area

Montauk is surrounded by beautiful waterviews. It's a great place to get in the car, drive along the coast and just soak everything in. One of my favorite spots for taking pictures is at Fort Pond Bay, inbetween the Montauket and Duryea's Lobster Deck and Seafood Market. This strip is a prime sunset-watching spot.

As some of you know, I am getting ready to photograph a wedding this upcoming Labor Day in Annapolis Maryland, another great coastal town. You can view some engagement pictures that I took of the couple in Washington, D.C. here. They are really excited for their big day, and I am thrilled to be a small part of it!

This next group of pictures also features Fort Pond, and these were taken at one of my favorite spots for a group dinner, Harvest. They specialize in family-style dining, and my Aunt Patty claims that they have the best seafood she has ever tasted (note: she does eat a lot of seafood). Harvest has a seafood bruschetta on the menu that's pretty amazing-- picture a big overflowing tray of mussels, clams, shrimp and scallops with a delicious buttery sauce and yummy bread to soak everything up with.

I am still determining who reigns supreme in Montauk in terms of seafood (The Dock is also excellent and high on my list), but Harvest has great food, drinks and atmosphere. In the summer months you can feed the swans, ducks and coy right off of their little dock on Fort Pond; but unfortunately, during my last trip there the dock was underwater due to the flooding Montauk experienced following the last storm (see the above picture on the left where the water comes all the way up the dock's ramp).

No comments:

Post a Comment