Sunday, April 18, 2010

Greetings From Annapolis!

To prep for the upcoming wedding that I will be shooting, I took a quick trip to Annapolis, MD. The weather was fair (it could have been 10 degrees warmer for me!), the seafood fabulous, and I was able to find some cool "shot spots." Mission Accomplished!

My first introduction with this fun, coastal town was via my friend who attended the United States Naval Academy (in the historic district). The area is also home to a number of interesting shops, great restaurants, and even The National Sailing Hall of Fame. If you love to sail, Annapolis is a great spot to get your fix. Re-Sails, a store that makes unique products from used sails, is also located near the City Dock, and has a number of great gifts for that special sailor in your life!

While there is no beach (sans sand), the beautiful harbor views and historic homes make up for it, as well as the myriad of art galleries. I did not visit any of the galleries this time, but I did have a fabulous lunch at McGarvey's Saloon and Oyster Bar-- their steamed seafood sampler hit the spot. See ya next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment