Friday, June 4, 2010

Nautical Fix

I've been slowly trying to add some nautically-styled stuff to the Blue Gull Beach House without going overboard and by trying to incorporate some functional pieces. I did however, fall in love with this little red sail boat pictured to the left (not functional but I had so much fun putting it together!)-- it seemed to bring just enough extra color into the livingroom's overall scheme. I found it in Our Gig Two "Whatever"-- a shop in Sag Harbor with a mix of nautical antiques and just a variety of stuff. I could not find a website, but they are located on Main Street and have cool home furnishings in a price range to satisfy everyone's budget.

I also found this nautically-themed flag with two pockets-- I've hung it on the side wall, and it seems as though it will come in handy for holding pens, paper-- maybe things I should not misplace or forget. The yellow and red are helping to brighten things up a bit (I steered clear of the pink pillows I was considering-- maybe I will introduce those colors in the bedroom at some point, but for now I've got colors that the Coast Guard would approve of!).

No comments:

Post a Comment