Friday, June 4, 2010

Day Trippin: Sag Harbor

The rain held off for most of yesterday, and with bright skies today I am hoping to squeeze in another great run and a fabulous day at the beach. Yesterday I decided to take a road trip in search of some nautical pieces that would add a bit of interest to The Blue Gull Beach House without overwhelming it, and my travels lead me to Sag Harbor.

Sag Harbor is a quaint little area with a rich whaling history-- about a 40 minute drive from Montauk, but you want to go on an off-day when there is little traffic. There are many shops to spend time in, a few restaurants on the main drag, and plenty of yachts bobbing on the water for you to gawk at. There is also a beach nearby, but I did not check it out this time around.

I stopped and grabbed a quick bite at The Corner Bar, which has a good variety of sandwiches, salads and main dishes. I think I mostly enjoyed snapping a few shots of the harbor and sitting in the area around this windmill, which has benches and picnic tables scattered about in the sand. It's a great spot to relax and daydream. What nautical pieces did I finally find? Stay tuned...










No comments:

Post a Comment